Kan det være Boris zhesar.grovt malt.ser ut som det er sand i maling

Forum for samlere av kunst! Her kan du diskutere all slags kunst.
1970 frode

Kan det være Boris zhesar.grovt malt.ser ut som det er sand i maling

Post by 1970 frode »

Maling.
20180227_133457_001.jpg
20180227_133457_001.jpg (576 KiB) Viewed 897 times
tho

Re: Kan det være Boris zhesar.grovt malt.ser ut som det er sand i maling

Post by tho »

Jeg vet ikke hvem Boris Zhesar er. Fortell om ham.
1970 frode

Post by 1970 frode »

Fant noe om han da.Details about Boris Chezar (1913-2008) Original Oil/Sand P…
1970 frode

Post by 1970 frode »

Skulle vær chezar.ikke chesar
1970 frode

Post by 1970 frode »

Up for Sale is a
Mixed-Media
Sand & Oil Painting by
reknowned
American based
Russian Artist-

Boris Chezar
Born- Russia,1913- Died- 28/12/2008- United States

The painting without the frame measures

904 mm x 604 mm
or
35 inches x 24 inches

It is an oil, with applied sand on Masonite. The painting features an early Parisian Street Scene & is signed by the artist, bottom right

It is in excellent condition

My grandmother purchased the painting while in the United States in the 1970's. It was only after she recently died that I discovered that the painting was by a well known artist & was valuable

BIOGRAPHY
Chezar lived & worked in New York for many years. In his later years he moved to Arizona, as his wife had Alzheimers Disease, he continued on with his art career until his death in 2008

In the last years of his life, Boris Chezar worked joyously every day, waking at 5 a.m. to saw wood, sketch new pieces, attend to works in progress, and make adjustments to older work. His career lasted over 80 years, up until a few months before his death on December 28, 2008.

Boris was born in New York City in 1913, one of five sons of Russian immigrants. He began painting in his teens, and was granted acceptance to study at The Cooper Union in New York City.

During extensive travels in Mexico and Nova Scotia, Boris sketched and painted the local flavour. In Mexico, he met and painted with Jose Clemente Orozco, whose style of bold symbolism would later influence some of Chezar’s work.

During World War II, Boris served in the Army-Air Force, painting huge murals depicting inspirational military themes. After the first one he finished, the commanding officers were impressed and asked him to do another, five by 17 feet at the hospital at Fort Dix, New Jersey.

He would later boast he asked for (and received) four men and two months to do the job. After the war, Boris began a family with his wife, Faye, and started in commercial art with J Walter Thompson. It wasn’t long before he struck out on his own as a portrait artist, working in pastel, charcoal and oil.

Summers were spent in the Borscht Belt of the Catskill Mountains, and during Winters, Boris worked aboard cruise ships, painting portraits and giving lessons.

His modern abstract work began in the early 70s with painted constructions, and prints of space and nature themes. In the mid-80s he began constructing dimensional paintings, some over seven feet square.

In 1997, he moved to Sun City, Arizona and began the work he called "Random Modalities" where he incorporated the frame as part of the art (a technique he has patent pending).

The work of Chezar has been exhibited in the Brooklyn Museum sponsored National Print Exhibition and other important group shows at the National Gallery, Washington, and the St.Louis Art Museum, to name just a few.

His work is now highly sought after & has steadily gained in value each year since his death in 2008. It's an excellent investment & a hedge against inflation

*Please see the extensive, detailed, macro, photos above, and note that my photographs form part of the description

Please check out my Ebay Shop, or my other Auction listings, for extremely RARE, and sought after, Vinyl Records in all Genre's.

I am searching, collecting, and
buying records all the time,
so I can supply you, The Audiophile and Collector,
with some of the rarest, and most
Collectible Vinyl Records
in the world.

I also regularly stock a selection of fine, rare,
Antiques & Collectibles
for your exclusive pleasure, so check them out
in my other Auctions or my Ebay Shop.

I am happy to combine postage if
you buy multiple items

Location- Daves Room
tho

Post by tho »

Jeg finner ingen auksjonsnoteringer på denne mannen.

Synes dessuten maleriet er av billigste sort.

Return to “Kunst”